Manufactured exclusively in Europe for Greengauge for a period exceeding 30 years
Greengauge is ideally installed over laser levelled floors, normally wooden, or occasionally concrete. Manufactured from 100% polypropylene incorporated into a semi-worsted yarn utilizing specially selected high quality coarse and fine denier fibres. This engineered yarn is UV stabilised and provides the tightest weave in the industry with limited elasticity. The outcome after install is an excellent, consistent, durable surface that is ideal for playing bowls.
- Greengauge designed high quality selvedges provides stronger long-lasting seams.
- Consistent colour and texture designed to appear pleasing on the eye.
- Greengauge can we installed over different underlays to provide various speeds.
- Available in widths up to 4.58m (15’).
Our Standard Installation Price Includes:
- Covering of ditches and the inside face of perimeter banks.
- Full marking of the green ready to play
- Live bowl and jack markers.
- Flame retardant profiled rubber or foam for end ditches.
- A free maintenance visit or an extended period subject to contract.
Our own directly employed and trained teams complete all the fitting work. All seams are machine sewn with colourfast and high strength Nylon or Tenara thread. We provide a comprehensive and on-going maintenance service to ensure that the maximum useful life of your bowls surface investment is achieved.
Greengauge FORMULA ONE Rubber Crumb Bowls Underlay is manufactured by UK based Interfloor, for Greengauge, on an exclusive basis. The rubber crumb underlays currently used have been engineered to deliver the Performance, Speed and Durability bowling Clubs are looking for. There are options if slower green speeds are required. Our installations are always speed tested to ensure the end result is perfect. We recommend a green speed of 17.5 seconds (+/-5%) as that meets the needs of the majority of bowlers.
Maintenance & Guarantee
Our on-going maintenance service includes an annual inspection to discuss future requirements and to recommend work as necessary. For example recommendations could include re-tensioning, rotating panels, turning the surface, cleaning all considered with a view to ensuring maximum overall life for the bowling surface. If correctly maintained our surface carries a manufacturer’s guarantee of 12 years.
Our Annual Maintenance will cover the following:
- Checking of banks and ditches
- Checking for underlay problems
- Checking of all seams
- Checking the tension of the surface
Note: Our Installation Team will make any necessary recommendations.
Work covered by our Maintenance Contract:
- Re-tensioning of the surface normally on one or two visit basis per year.
- Visit dates to be agreed ideally when we are completing work in your area.
- Repairing of panels, if required.
- Repairing seams, banks and ditches.
- Checking rink markings and replacing as necessary.
- Checking green speeds.
- Supply and fix and “T’s” and “dots” at normally 2m intervals